Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring! A reflection on firsts...

The weather is warming, my fruit trees are in full bloom, the birds are singing and our lawn is bright green. It is Spring in Tucson. I'm publishing this because, (1) I love this time of year, before April, when we usually hit our first 100 degree day and the only time we're outside is when we're in the neighbor's pool or playing in our own sprinklers, and (2) because I'm trying to lure some of you Wisconsin-ers to come here for a vacation...

That being said, Isaiah & Makeda have been spending hours outside in the beautiful weather. And to top it off, the neighbor is digging a footer for a new wall, so we've had a backhoe working next door for the last 3 days--a constant source of entertainment! I was airing out pillows on the back porch this morning and one of the crew said, "Don't worry, Ma'am, we'll be out of here by tomorrow!" I was like, "No hurry!"

I can't wait for the kids to decide they want to spend the night in their new playhouse. Any day now, I'm sure it will dawn on them that it would be fun to stay the night out there. Any day now...

We're going to San Diego this week. It will be Isaiah & Makeda's first look at the ocean. I love looking back on all the firsts this past year...they had their first Christmas, first birthday parties, first Spring, first time touching snow...amazing...

2 comments:

  1. OK...OK! I will start planning a trip for March 2011! It is amazing to think back on all the firsts our children have experienced. But...won't it also be nice to hear them say, "Oh yea...I remember my first birthday party!" I think when that happens, life will seem normal...for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to read your updates Melanie! I haven't been on your site in quite a while, thinking you were done with blogging... I'm so glad you're not done! I can truly relate to your words in the last couple of blogs you wrote!! We continue to pray for you guys, with each new experience we go through. :) I can't believe it's been a year! Love to the Peyton's from the Pelzl's!

    ReplyDelete